These installation notes cover the following XMetaL Developer installations:
Important License Changes
With the release of version 9.0, the software no longer requires an Internet connection to register or unregister a per-seat license. A new license file (e.g. XMDE.lic) is required to activate this software.
Note: Older .lic files are incompatible with this version.
Contact your JustSystems Sales representative if you have further licensing-related questions.
XMetaL® Developer is a plug-in to Microsoft® Visual Studio®. Your system must have one of the Microsoft Visual Studio standard language products, e.g., Microsoft Visual Basic® .NET Standard, or alternatively Visual Studio .NET Enterprise or Professional versions installed prior to installing XMetaL Developer. See https://www.visualstudio.com/.
Your operating system must meet the system requirements for Visual Studio for your particular Windows version. XMetaL Developer supports the following:
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7
In addition, your system must have the following, or higher:
- 450-megahertz (MHz) Pentium II-class processor, 600-MHz Pentium III-class processor recommended
- Super VGA (1024 x 768) or higher-resolution display with 256 colors
- 1 GB of available disk space (including 800MB required for XMetaL Author Enterprise and XMetaL XMAX)
- 40 MB extra available disk space during installation
XMetaL Developer runs on the following operating systems:
- Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, provided user account has administrator privileges and UAC is disabled (as required by Visual Studio)