The United States is on a fast-track to a new era in marijuana law. The prospect of a federal pathway to legalization opens a Pandora’s Box of issues for states like California. This article:
- Uses Humboldt County, CA in the Emerald Triangle as an example of law and practices across the United States
- Examines how the region might be impacted by state legalization.
- Identifies some of the costs that have come with leaving the county outside the legal fold.
- Explores some of the obstacles to bringing the county into the legal economy.
- Examines some of the benefits of bringing producers into the legal economy, including improved working conditions for the scores of individuals employed in the industry.
- Explores how Humboldt County might fare in the new world of legal pot.
Legalizing Marijuana: A View from Among the Weeds
Fill out the form below to receive the whitepaper authored by Michael Vitiello and Rosemary Deck.