WHAT WE OFFER
Don’t just take our word for it.
See what our clients have to say.
Design Group is the Engineering and IT Consulting platform of Barry-Wehmiller network that operates from over 40 global offices in the US and India, with more than 1400 professionals having direct industry experience in software systems, industrial automation, design engineering, regulatory compliance and systems integration.
We are partnered with the largest PLM and IoT software vendors and experts in deploying cutting edge solutions around product lifecycle management, automation and digital transformation for mid to large scale organization.
With over 100+ successful PLM implementations, we take pride in helping our customers adopt and utilize PLM systems while moving forward in the digital transformation journey.
"I have worked in IT for 30 years and my team from Design Group are some of the best I've had the great fortune of working with. This is a great team and I wouldn't change it for the world. Thanks Team!"
WWW.BWDESIGNGROUP.COM | 314.558.0535 | 8301 Maryland Ave., Suite 200, St. Louis, MO 63105 |
COMPANIES HIRE US
- PLM advisory services
- Business Process Analysis
- PLM Software Implementation (PTC Windchill, Siemens Teamcenter, Infor PLM Accelerate)
- PLM Software Upgrades and Data Migration
- Enterprise Application Integration (CAD-PLM-ERP-MES)
- Managed and Hosted Services for PLM platforms (Cloud Migration and Management)
- Support and Maintenance Services
- Internet of Things (IoT) Advisory and Consulting Services
- Digital Manufacturing - Integration and Solutions Implementation
- Data Analytics and Insights
- Content Management
- Smart Connected Products (customized automation solutions)
- Mobility Solutions
- Highly secured data transmission by enabling HTTPs protocol for Cognos and Windchill applications.
- Implemented Cognos for improved decision-making and process efficiency with visual representation of real-time information.
- Reduced problem solving time by 50%. Thanks to a configurable dashboard to check the environment health of Windchill application.
Customer used to handle workflow process using Microsoft excel Spreadsheet, with custom layouts (i.e. Arrangement of attributes tabular format), micro and formulas to calculate the attributes, copy and paste values from one column to another column. These features were embedded within the Windchill GUI through customization that allowed Amcor to realize the changes within the Windchill PLM system.
Workflow process that customer had contained around 100 attributes which needed to be populated from multiple users of different department. As part of Windchill PLM workflow execution all require information in attribute is gathered from users and propagated to WTDocument. In the event of any change in attribute value same could be changed from workflow activity and the iteration of editing the document would take place automatically.
Summary Reports/Print View
Customer used to generate the different reports from Microsoft Excel spreadsheet based on attribute values. Using Windchill PLM API’s, Design Group generated 7 summary reports in HTML or PDF format for workflow process based on attribute values. Customer has been now able to embed all these solutions within the Windchill PLM system offering greater productivity by cutting down the time in workflow process by nearly two-thirds.
Design Group PLM team of highly specialized data migration consultants had developed specialized tools to facilitate SolidWorks CAD data migration into Windchill PLM system. The custom migrator tool automates SolidWorks data migration to PTC Windchill using Windchill Work Group Manager. The core capability of the tool is to upload the legacy CAD data into PTC Windchill through Work Group Manager. Design Group help customer migrated all the legacy Solid Work CAD data files into Windchill PLM system. The tool also had additional capabilities to set revisions, reuse existing CS objects and modify CS objects. Legacy data used for upload was cleaned before running migration tool. All of the CAD data to be migrated was kept in a single folder and through the application UI, the CAD data was loaded into the desired Windchill PLM context.
SolidWorks CAD Data Management using Windchill Workgroup Manager (WWGM)
Design Group implemented PTC’s Windchill Workgroup Manager (WWGM) for SolidWorks which act as a connector between PTC Windchill and SolidWorks CAD application. All data that’s been created within the SolidWorks is integrated with PTC Windchill system with the help of PTC WWGM. The application acts as an intermediary to seamlessly send SolidWorks CAD data and its related information to the Windchill PLM System.
- Centralized control over product data/information
- Improved collaboration in product development activities
- Improved product quality
- Improved efficiency & productivity
- Improved collaboration & control of product data/information